Visit Peru with a Native
Travel to South America on a once in a lifetime group trip led by natives. Explore beyond the guidebooks with 5 star accommodations! As you may know, Cece Gonzales was born and raised in Peru and has put together the most thorough and breathtaking 6-day/5 night trip with an English-speaking guide.
A City of Enchantment
Cusco is the oldest inhabited city in the Western hemisphere. When the Spaniards arrived the beauty of this country surpassed all they had seen in the New World and astonished them. Gold in the form of intricate religious symbols and artifacts was seen everywhere.
In Cusco, original Incan walls and cobblestone streets blend with colonial Spanish architecture. With elevation at 11,400 feet, Cusco was the center of the ancient Incan civilization. According to the Incas, their Holy City was called “the navel of the earth”. During the trip this May, we will arrive in Cusco and tour all that the ancient city has to offer!
A Wonder of the World
Explore the mystical Machu Picchu, the Lost City of the Incas! It was here that the Incas succeeded in combining the wonders of civilization with those of nature. The sheer beauty of what is considered by some the most dramatic place in the world overwhelms you as you are immediately drawn into its “still alive” mysteries.
The legendary golden city of Machu Picchu is located on a narrow saddle of nearly inaccessible mountains in the heart of a semitropical forest. It is vertically invisible from the valley floor below and stayed hidden. Until its discovery by Hiram Bingham in 1911, it was a closely guarded secret for over four hundred years.
This ancient city consists of more than two hundred buildings, including numerous temples and altars constructed in terraces and connected by stairways carved from solid rock in a spectacular setting within a 360-degree ring of mountain peaks. The Spaniards never found this “Holy City” of the Incas and the energy at this sacred site remains very powerful even today.
Reserve Your Spot Now!
The journey will take place May 16-23, 2012! Due to limited capacity, booking will be made on a first-come first-served basis. In order to make this a most intimate tour of this majestic city, the trip will only accommodate 50 passengers.
FARE: Payment will secure your spot. Checks and contracts can be made payable to Raymi Productions. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing today!
Space is limited and will be on a first-come-first-served basis for booking. Once secured you will receive a detailed itinerary for the trip. Credit Card payments will have a 2.9% added processing fee.
- Comfortable air-conditioned bus travel throughout the week
- Double occupancy modern 5 star hotel in the heart of Cusco (add $500 for single occupancy)
- Entrance fees to the tours
- Daily breakfast buffet & all tour lunches
- A personal English-speaking guide
- Transportation to and from the Cusco airport
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED:
– Visa and passport fees
- Airport/airline/government taxes, fees
- Some lunches and dinners
- Optional activities and tours
- Items of a personal nature (such as laundry, beverages, etc)
- Flight to and from Cusco (Each guest can take advantage of points, miles, specific airlines, etc)
- Your $600 down payment is non-refundable
- Once you have secured your spot, you will receive a full itinerary and details on booking a flight from Lima to Cusco. Flights from Chicago will most likely depart at 6am and arrive in Lima at 1am where a connecting flight will take you directly to Cusco. Guests will arrive the following morning to Cusco where transportation will be provided. The adventure will begin in Cusco!
- As of December, current airfare from Chicago to Cusco is between $700 and $800. We highly recommend booking your flight as soon as possible to avoid a hike in rates.
*Should any guests be interested in arriving early to visit Lima before the Cusco trip we will be more than pleased to make suggestions for Lima and assist with accommodations